Equal Opportunity (Diversity & Dignity) Policy
The company directors will review this policy on an annual basis regarding effectiveness, legislative compliance, organisational changes and general improvements.
The Equality Act 2010
Our policy is to promote equal opportunities, eliminate all forms of discrimination, encourage diversity and withhold dignity by adopting the following principles:
- No person who we come into contact with shall be discriminated against on the grounds of:
- Race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality etc.
- Sexual orientation or transgender status.
- Disabilities or medical condition including pregnancy or maternity.
- Marital including civil partnership status.
- Religion or belief.
- Political or trade union affiliation.
- The company is registered with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and will treat the recruitment of persons with a criminal record fairly and not discriminate because of a conviction or other information revealed, in accordance with our Recruitment of Ex-offenders Policy.
- All job vacancies will include a statement about equal opportunities.
- Employment selection and promotion will be on the basis of aptitude, ability, qualifications and experience only.
- All employees shall be treated fairly and with respect, and will be encouraged to develop their full potential with the overall aim of enabling them to fulfil their career aspirations.
- Employees who have a disability or impairment will receive the necessary help, with reasonable endeavours, to enable them to carry out their normal duties effectively.
Breaches of the policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary action up to dismissal.