Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy
The company directors will review this policy on an annual basis regarding effectiveness, legislative compliance, organisational changes and general improvements.
MRM Solutions acknowledges the importance of operating in a responsible and sustainable manner, not only to ensure the continued success of the company, but to also provide support to the greater community and make a difference in the world around us. To this end our corporate social responsibility policy is based on the following considerations:
Respect employees, by:
- Treating each person fairly regardless of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability and marital status.
- Promoting equality and diversity, and rebuffing discrimination.
- Providing full-time contracts (no zero-hours contracts), good working conditions and paying above the national living wage, if over 25, and above the national minimum wage if under 25 or an apprentice.
- Seeking to continually improve employee satisfaction through training and the development of their intellectual capacity, for their greater benefit and quality of life.
Health and safety
Adopt a preventive culture where everyone in the organisation has a responsibly to ensure the health and safety of themselves and others, wherever they may be working.
Comply with all applicable environmental legislation and effectively manage the business by:
- Minimising the risk of pollution and take steps to reduce our carbon footprint.
- Minimising waste and maximising recycling opportunities, and making efficient use of materials and resources.
- Providing environmental awareness training to employees.
- Communicating environmental performance to employees and stakeholders.
- Driving continual improvement of the environmental management system.
- Investing in fuel efficient vehicles that are regularly serviced.
- Sourcing and buying locally to wherever possible.
- Making efficient use of energy (electricity and gas) and water.
Assess the long term impacts that the company may have on the community in terms of energy efficiency, transport, and social/economic aspects. To also enrich social contribution by working with local authority customers by providing job opportunities for long-term unemployed persons.
Foster a customer focused approach by being responsive and providing a quality assured service that complies with all applicable legislation. To this end, we will:
- Seek to fully understand customer requirements and strive to fulfil their expectations.
- Listen to customers so that we can improve the products and services provided.
- Ensure that our website and advertising is clear, informative, legal, honest and truthful.
- Be open and honest about the capability and limitations of our products and services.
- Deal responsibly, openly and fairly with any queries or complaints in a timely fashion.
- Protect customer’s data and confidentiality
Treat suppliers with respect and openness, and:
- Use local suppliers as much as possible.
- Develop long term relationships with suppliers to ensure their sustainability.
- Provide feedback on their products and services with the aim of assisting in their growth and sustainability.
- Paying within agreed timescales.
Engage with local communities by:
- Sponsoring good causes and making donations to charities.
- Offering job opportunities to both the long term unemployed and young persons.
- Sponsorship and funding work experience programmes.
- Supporting local schools and charities.
- Encouraging volunteer work in community activities including allowing employees authorised absence to undertake work.
Encouraging high standards of professionalism throughout the company and promoting best practice in respect of ethical behaviour.