Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy
|Next review date||01/01/2020|
The company directors will review this policy on an annual basis regarding effectiveness, legislative compliance, organisational changes and general improvements.
MRM Solutions acknowledges the importance of operating in a responsible and sustainable manner, not only to ensure the continued success of the company, but to also provide support to the greater community and make a difference in the world around us. To this end our corporate social responsibility policy is based on the following considerations:
Respect employees, by:
- Treating each person fairly regardless of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability and marital status.
- Promoting equality and diversity and rebuffing discrimination.
- Providing full-time contracts (no zero-hours contracts), good working conditions and paying above the national living wage, if over 25, and above the national minimum wage if under 25 or an apprentice.
- Seeking to continually improve employee satisfaction through training and the development of their intellectual capacity, for their greater benefit and quality of life.
Health and safety
Adopt a preventive culture where everyone in the organisation has a responsibly to ensure the health and safety of themselves and others, wherever they may be working.
Comply with all applicable environmental legislation and effectively manage business by:
- Minimising the risk of pollution and take steps to reduce carbon footprint.
- Minimising waste and maximising recycling opportunities, and make efficient use of materials and resources.
- Providing environmental awareness training to employees.
- Communicating environmental performance to employees and stakeholders.
- Driving continual improvement of the environmental management system.
- Investing in fuel efficient vehicles that are regularly serviced.
- Sourcing and buying locally to wherever possible.
- Making efficient use of energy (electricity and gas) and water.
Assess the long term impacts that the company may have on the community in terms of energy efficiency of dwellings, transport, meeting social and economic needs.
- Enriching social contribution by working with local authority customers to providing job opportunities for long-term unemployed persons
Foster a customer focused approach by being responsive and providing a quality assured service that complies with all applicable legislation. To this end, we will:
- Seek to fully understand customer requirements and strive to fulfil their expectations.
- Listen to customers so that we can improve the products and services provided.
- Ensure that our website and advertising is clear, informative, legal, honest and truthful.
- Be open and honest about the capability and limitations of our products and services.
- Deal responsibly, openly and fairly with any queries or complaints in a timely fashion.
- Protect customer’s data and confidentiality
Treat suppliers with respect, openness and fairly, by:
- Using local suppliers as much as possible.
- Develop long term relationships to ensure their sustainability.
- Provide feedback on their products and services as a means of to assis in their
- Paying within agreed timescales.
Engage with local communities by:
Sponsoring good causes and making donations to charities.
Offering job opportunities to both long term unemployed, young persons.
and sponsorship of funding, support and work experience programmes.
Businesses can also practice social responsibility by donating money, products or services to social causes. Larger companies tend to have a lot of resources that can benefit charities and local community programs.
- Supporting local schools
- Working and supporting local charities.
- Encouraging volunteer work in community activities including allowing employees authorised absence to undertake work. This will include the introduction of an annual Corporate Challenge as part of our Corporate Charitable Giving
Encouraging high standards of professionalism throughout the company and promoting best practice in respect of ethical behaviour.
- Ethical labor practices:By treating employees fairly and ethically, companies can also demonstrate their corporate social responsibility. This is especially true of businesses that operate in international locations with labor laws that differ from those in the United States.
126.96.36.199 Diversity in employment
our business activities could affect people and the communities where we operate. We will continue to lead our industry by conducting our business ethically and maintaining our standards for quality and sustainability.
This ensures that we strive to:
- Make responsible business decisions that reflect the integrity of the brand in both the short and long term.
- etting corporate responsibility goals and targets and measuring performance.
- Working with our employees, supply chain, shareholders and local communities to strengthen our social impact and minimize our environmental impact.
- Complying with all applicable legal requirements, industry best practices and meaningful and rigorous voluntary standards.
It can involve a range of activities such as:
- Working in partnership with local communities
- Socially responsible investment (SRI)
- Developing relationships with employees and customers
- Environmental protection and sustainability
“Social Responsibility” means the manner in which the Company affects the communities in which it operates, or from which it acquires its products, through its policies and practices involving any of the
- Volunteering:Attending volunteer events says a lot about a company’s sincerity. By doing good deeds without expecting anything in return, companies can express their concern for specific issues and support for certain organizations.